The enormous impact of massively parallel DNA sequencing on the areas of biotechnology, life sciences and medicine has brought attention to the development of similarly powerful analytical technologies for proteomics. Bead-based platforms, or bead arrays, are particularly promising as they provide high degree of multiplexing, flexible experiment design and cost-effective assay miniaturization.
MSBeadArray™ is the next generation microarray fabrication and measurement platform developed specifically for the analysis of bead libraries using mass spectrometry imaging (MALDI TOF MSI). Our patent pending technology enables one-step transfer of multiple analytes that include antibodies, proteins and peptides from individual beads to the surface of a microarray slide to form an ultra-high density array of concentrated microspots. In the first-of-a-kind approach the mass spectrometer becomes a microarray scanner that can measure each of the fabricated spots in over 100,000 mass channels available using MS detection. With imaging resolution greater than 50 microns, up to 1 TB of experimental data can be generated per scan.
In addition to mass spectrometry, the samples are independently measured by fluorescence. The dual MS - optical readout is a uniquely powerful combination of two analytical technologies with capabilities exceeding those available from the either method. The label-free detection by MALDI TOF MS is complemented by several label-based options including fluorescent labels, stable isotope labels and mass tags.
Highlights of the MSBeadArray™ technology
- straightforward sample preparation protocol similar to conventional bead assays
- archiving and off-line analysis of bead libraries up to 1,000,000 members by MALDI MS and fluorescence
- low assay cost, below 1¢ per data point
- simultaneous detection of multiple analytes from each microbead
- protein mass fingerprinting and peptide sequencing by tandem MS directly on the microarray slide
- label-free detection by mass spectrometry
- several protocols for quantitative sample detection
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information on the MSBeadArray™ platform.